Thursday, April 14, 2011

Justifiable

Diary of an assassin: Justifiable

12 April. Tuesday

I’m surprised my therapist was so interested in talking about my husbands. I wasn’t ready for that yet. I thought he’d want me to start out like David Copperfield:  “To begin my life with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born…”

I was still fresh from an argument with Bud this morning. I was in no mood to talk about husbands and why I have so many. Why do I?

Work in one of my hotels is usually a good distraction. Seattle is under great management. I barely have to check up on them. Renovations at Tahoe are going well though I’m sick of looking at paint samples.

It’s my other work that I needed to rant about. I’ve never felt the need to explain why I kill. Now that I have a family, my view of execution is changing. I’m not sure I’m okay with that. I hate change.

My recent target was a politician. Nice family, acceptable platform, most of what I agree with. That was just the surface. Public persona is just a spit –polished act. It’s assumed with politicians, but nothing like this. I wish I could tell the boo-hooing public what their dear departed community leader was really like. Those tears would dry up fast.

But, it’s not my job to expose, only to execute. The explanations would be too complicated, too public.

There was a segment about his daughter on the news. Cancer.

That man deserved his end. The family is better off without him in their lives…

Aren’t they?


No comments:

Post a Comment